Friday, December 17, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2632


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 5, Workout 3 (ish)


AM WORKOUT (0305 wake up via alarm)


EMOM, 5 log viper presses w/100lb log


60 minutes


Notes: We field tested this a few weeks back with a 10 minute one at the end of a workout and it was a solid burner, so this was the logical conclusion. I love that this results in 300 reps of putting something over my head. I’m working the early shift today, so this was a great way to just get something awful done with minimal set up. Definitely told myself some lies along the way. It’s not Kalsu, but it’s still solid.


I was averaging about 25-30 seconds of rest between rounds if I moved quickly. Key was to really focus on getting the hips into it. If I just tried to press, I moved slow.


Got Tang Soo Do tonight. Daily work may get skipped. Such is life. I’d rather have the 10 extra rounds of log vipers than the daily work.

No comments:

Post a Comment