Thursday, December 9, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2624


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 4, Workout 2


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up)


Front Squat Kalsu


100 front squats with 225lbs

EMOM, 5 burpees


Got it done inside of 62 rounds


Notes: This idea struck me the other day. I wanted to get my 100 reps of 225, and one option was going up to 10 on the Tower. This was another one. I liked the idea of getting in more than a 30 minute workout, and boy did I. Hidden inside of here is 300 burpees as well. This isn’t as challenging as log Kalsu, but what I like about it is how “honest” it keeps me. There’s no slacking on the burpees, and that’s because front squats take longer to set up than vipers, so I don’t have any time to fiddle around. Along with that, it forces me to be fast on the front squats themselves. No trying for the perfect unrack and set up: get in, unrack, squat, rack it and go. I had a lot of “imperfect reps”, which meant getting good at weird angles. When I was done, my front delts and collarbone were all sorts of different colors.


In all, this one is a keeper. Totally goes with my “front squats with burpees” motif. Could also swap those burpees with chins or dips as needed.


Got in most of my daily work after this. Might get in a walk with the dog later. Doing another Tang Soo Do class tomorrow, as part of our new twice a week protocol, and then testing on Sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment