Sunday, December 12, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2627


AM WORKOUT (0630 natural wakeup) FASTED

18 rounds of tabata burpees over bar


Getting some of the best sleep in my life. Started with fasted 9 rounds of 20 seconds on/10 seconds off burpees over bar. This is weekend magic, I’m calling it. I woke up stiff as hell from sleeping hard and the full day of training with Tang Soo Do testing. Deadlifts wreck me these days. I practically FELL into the first burpee, but by rep 2 I was feeling in top form again. Having to actually jump and clear an object really gets the connective tissue up and moving.


Got a solid photo of me channeling the spirit of Bas Rutten on a board break with a palm strike from yesterday





PM WORKOUT (1600)


Stone of steel (135lb) to shoulder and KB cluster ladder up to 8





Notes: Just something quick and awful on a Sunday.  Working an early 10 hour shift tomorrow, and it should be a legit BtM Day 3 sorta day, so didn't want to completely blow my brains out.  

2 comments:

  1. That picture is incredibly cool man. I do like and miss gis doing Muay Thai, it felt very ritualistic in BJJ and childhood karate to have a uniform for class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated dude. It's why I always wanted to find a Kyokushin school: that blending of tradition and brutality.

      Delete