Saturday, December 18, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2633


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 5, Workout 3


Notes: Had to break things up a bunch today due to schedule


AM WORKOUT (0630 natural wakeup) FASTED

18 rounds of tabata burpees over bar


AM WORKOUT II (0855)

SUPERSETS (Dead-bench)

Axle touch and go deadlift 
5x136
5x351
5x406
3x5x456

Swiss bar bench
5x195
5x225
5x5x255


Notes: Had to be done by 0930 to meet schedule, so I flew through this and chopped out a lot of my warm-ups.  I would hit a set of the deads, just immediately onto the bench, rest 30 seconds and do it all over again.  It worked out well being the lighter week.  Swiss bar benching STILL sucks.  The lift off is damn near impossible.


PM WORKOUT (1400)

DB rows 105
1x70 (rest pause as needed)

Poundstone curls
189xAxle

50 pull aparts

CONDITIONING
KB Fran+ (45lb bells, strict chins) time 6:40

2 mile walk with the dog


Daily work finished out


Notes: Fran was operating at molasses speed, but I expect that after hammering the rows and curls.  I had an insane lat pump when all of that was over.  


Got it all in today, and had 1.5 slice of stuffed crust pizza at our local joint we really love.  It was yummy, but in all honesty I would have preferred wings.  I like where I'm at as far as food relationships go: I enjoyed my meal, enjoyed the company, ate until satisfied, and savored the food.  Back in the day, I woulda done 5 slices minimum and just inhaled it like it was a mission.  Took me a while to learn to eat like an adult, as Dan John would say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment