Thursday, January 5, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2643

AM WORKOUT (0340 natural wake up)

**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 2, Workout 4

**MAIN WORK**

8 rounds in 30 minutes of:

* 3x415 SSB squat
* 3x190 log clean once and strict press away
* 3x60lb weighted chin




**ASSISTANCE**-Set an 8 minute timer


4 rounds of

* Max dips
* Max lateral raises
* Max pull aparts

20 standing ab wheels
25 pushdowns

62x180 reverse hyper
30 GHRs

**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**
**CONDITIONING**


Tabata timer, do a burpee, jump from the burpee to kettlebells and do a clean and press, jump back into a burpee and repeat process.  Spend remaining time unloading plates off the SSB.  This floored me, and in 4 minutes I had the bar fully unloaded, so complete win

Notes:

* Those SSB squats felt MUCH heavier than the last time.  I noticed it on the warm-ups.  265 had me fold in half.  My middle back seems particularly fatigued, which is most likely a product of the deadlifts I pulled 2 days before, and possibly the swings as well.  Lots of “fishing rod” squats on this, BUT I got through them all.  Outstanding that I can still find that gear in me.

* The presses felt stronger than last week.  Redeveloping heavy log proficiency, and greater trust in the bicep.  Chins continue to be pretty solid.

* 2 fewer total rounds than last time, which is most likely a product of those squats taking so much out of me.  Definitely no shortage of training effect.

* Still appreciating keeping the assistance work on a timer.  I do the dips, abs and pushdowns inside of the 8 minutes and the rest for the remainder.

* The conditioning work came out of necessity, but I’m really appreciating the magic of coming off the floor straight into something overhead.  Jumping to the bells adds some urgency as well.

* Tang Soo Do last night was pretty decent work on basics and combinations.  My kicks continue to get higher, so mobility is improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment