Thursday, January 12, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2649

WEDNESDAY


AM WORKOUT (0435 natural wake up) FASTED


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 3, Day 3


30 minute EMOM with the following approach:


* Top of the minute, do 1 thruster out of the rack w/95lbs

* Remainder of minute fill with burpee into a double KB clean and press w/24kg bells


Add a thruster each minute until you get beat by the clock, then start over.  


I managed to get through 3 rounds of 8 thrusters, then worked my way through a round with 5 thrusters before time ran out





* 20 standing ab wheels

* 50 pull aparts

* 30 GHRs


Notes:


* Came up with this last night and pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Lat is currently not in a good state for swings or chins, and I didn’t want to completely murder my legs with front squats, so this did the trick.  Still a good amount of magic in the burpee into DKB C&P, and thrusters are always a miserable time.  Taking it from the rack spared the lat a touch as well.  Beyond that, no real expectations, so getting to 8 three times was pretty clutch.  I was definitely hurting and sucking wind, and the time passed decently quick with the challenge of adding a thruster each round.  In general, EMOM workouts drive me crazy, so having to find little ways to distract myself go far.


* I’m in that post flat and fat phase of reduced calories and, in term, feeling like I’m “lean enough” from here.  Way forward may be a 1 week deload to try to get the lat to heal and then back to gaining.


* Tang Soo Do later tonight, with heavy squats tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment