Monday, January 23, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2661


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up.  Rough night of sleep due to use of pseudoephedrine before sleeping)


**SUPER SQUATS** Workout 1


Axle clean and strict press away (superset w/15 band pull aparts)

3x10x166


Weighted dips/axle row supersets

3x12x90/2x15x178


Breathing Squats/pull overs

23x330/20x20





Strict high bar good mornings

15x135


Poundstone curls

150xAxle


20 standing ab wheel

25 pushdowns

30 GHRs

Neck work


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

**ASSISTANCE/CONDITIONING**


65x180 reverse hypers, straight into 9 min AMRAP of

* Burpee

* 40kg KB swing

* Burpee

* 24kg DKB Clean and Press





Notes:

* Thrilled to be back on this, and excited to see how 6 on/6 off treats me.  Got a lot of lessons learned from last time, and not having RSV to start is pretty big.  Really wanted to focus on breathing as a result, and very pleased with how I took that on.  Still need to re-learn holding the bar on my back for so long again, but that should pick up pretty quick.  23 reps wasn’t my absolute limit, but it was far enough for day 1.  Don’t want to push myself to the point of blowing out a hamstring again so early in the program.  

* I am loving how mighty I feel on the press again.  The musculature that supports it has grown back in full and I’m feeling so much stronger.  Most likely accounts for the results I’m seeing in the ABCs as well.

* Squat quality felt good.  It’s weird doing this healthy again, considering the last 3 weeks of my last run was all FUBAR.

* Little conditioning circuit at the end was pretty dandy.  I definitely wanna get more swinging in.  On that note, the low weight on rows and lack of SLDLs is indicative that the lat is still healing.  I could row with pain, and I could even do some SLDLs with pain, but I could feel some separation and decided to play it smart.  It’s another reason I settled back on Super Squats: no deadlift emphasis.  The GMs answer the mail well enough.

* I am excited to be growing again.  I’ve got too many awesome food strategies.


PM WORKOUT

24 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells

No comments:

Post a Comment