Friday, January 13, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2651


AM WORKOUT (0340 natural wake up)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 3, Workout 5 (final workout)


11 rounds in 30 minutes of:


* 2x260lb keg lap and triple extension

* 2x296lb axle bench press






**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

**ASSISTANCE/CONDITIONING**


I set the tabata round timer and did various bits of daily work during the 20 seconds on and stripped/put away plates for the 10 seconds off for a total of 12 rounds.  That took care of 50 dips, 20 standing ab wheels, 50 pull aparts, 25 pushdowns and 25 curls


Then 3 min AMRAP of burpee over bar (38 total)


Notes:


* Deadlifting still not a great idea with the lat (which, btw, the bruising has spread in such an amazingly disgusting way that it looks like half of my body has gangrene), but I noticed yesterday that the log was manageable, so the keg was the next logical progression.  Being able to rest the majority of the weight against my body vs holding it into my lat seemed to be key.  That said, this tore the everloving f**k out of my shins and absolutely brutalized my body.  One of those movements that causes “soul fatigue”.  No one particular muscle is really aching, but I was just plain ol’ “done” when it was over.  This definitely didn’t tickle the lat, but it held out well enough.  Operating on that razor’s edge to get it to come back quick.  It’s only been a week since I tore it, so I’ll take this.


* I am so pleased with how the bench went.  I technically did 12 rounds: I did 1 round of bench and keg where the keg was only loaded to 155lbs and realized the latter was too light to have any sort of impact, so I loaded it and reset.  My bench and pressing was floundering for so long and it’s coming back so much stronger now.  And to be able to hit those reps AFTER the buttkicking that came from the keg really bodes well.


* I had nothing left in me when it came time for conditioning.  Couldn’t clean the kells.  Whole body just nuked.  Burpees fit the bill for unloaded and awful.


* With this, I’m gonna wrap up “Chaos it the Plan” as a 3 week intensification block.  Minus the injury, this was what I needed post Super Squats: just something to get me back to heavy poundages and short rest times.  It was very taxing, a deload is necessary, and I’m ready to start eating big again.  


PM WORKOUT


24 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells


Tang Soo Do was solid.  An hour of forms work.

No comments:

Post a Comment