Saturday, November 12, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2594

FRIDAY

AM WORKOUT (0405 natural wake up)

SUPER SQUATS Workout 3


Axle clean and strict press away
3x10x141


Band pull aparts
1x10
2x20


Weight dips/axle row superset
3x12x60/2x15x188


Breathing Squats
15x325 (pulled my right hamstring on the 15th rep and shut it down)


Notes:

I slept decently given how sick I am, and woke up feeling groggy and fluish, but it was Super Squats day. I took the workout slow, and strength was there whenever I went for it, recovery was just compromised. However, I’m now pretty certain I am dehydrated, which is a byproduct of being sick and the drugs I’m taking to clear the mucus from my system. I was absolutely SMASHING those squats when the time came, and 20 was well within reach, which is why pulling my hamstring on the 15th rep really pissed me off. Zero warning or indications, just a freak crunch on the eccentric and a re-crunch on the way up. It took all my power NOT to keep going, but it was the smart call.

PM WORKOUT (1800)

**SUPER...GOOD MORNINGS?**


Breathing Good Mornings/pull overs
20x325/20x20lbs




Poundstone curls
155xAxle

Notes:

* At times we must ask "What would Bruce Randall do?" I could ask for no greater role model. I kept the weight the same as the squats and ended up doing one of the hardest physical feats of my life. You wanna talk being more trouble than you are worth? Life says "you pulled your hamstring" and I say "f**k you I'll just do good mornings"

No comments:

Post a Comment