Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Training Log: Entry 2606


 AM WORKOUT (0345 wake up via alarm)


**SUPER…GOOD MORNINGS?** Workout 8


(3) Incline DB Bench/weighted chins superset
3x12x90s/2x15x20 (Got 12 in the first set of chins before having to stop and reset, will keep the weight the same until I can do 15 reps clean)


BtN Press/Band pull apart superset
3x10x110/50 total reps

Attempt squat warm-up, work up to 275, feel hamstring want to buckle

Re-warm up with good mornings, load up 350, feel hamstring want to buckle

2 minute existential tantrum

Breathing Good mornings/pull over superset
26x275/20x20lbs




Try to stop soul from escaping body

Realize soul has long been dead and the sensation I’m feeling is the demon that possessed me trying to vacate its host form because it’s clearly self-destructing

Shove demon back inside: don’t have time to find a new one

Kroc rows
17x115

Axle shrugs against strong short bands
1x30

Notes:


* There’s humor in the commentary but truth as well.  The hamstring is mending, I have capability, but not full capability.  I can squat SOME weight but not the full amount.  Pain I can deal with, but when I felt the muscle wall bulging under the weight I knew I was playing with fire.  My original plan was to do good mornings with the weight I was supposed to squat with, but even that was just too much.  I had a slight tantrum before deciding that, if 275 is what I can handle, 275 is what I’ll handle, and I just went for max reps.  My goal was 25, so getting that 26th one was fantastic.  The noises that come out of me when I do good mornings are something else, and that drunken stagger at the end was quite the experience.  I racked the bar, stood there, and basically had a conversation with myself on if I wanted to die right there on my feet or if I felt like I might be able to keep on living for a few more minutes.  Got a way forward now too.  If I can’t squat on Friday, it’s good mornings again.  If I can’t use the right weight, I’ll go for more reps.  Chaos is the Plan, and we’re getting to yes.  And for one more mantra, I’m living these next few weeks under the mantra “What Would Bruce Randall Do”, because that’s how we got here in the first place.

* I realized I’ve been slacking on the pull overs as far as going for max stretch goes.  Really focused on that today.

* Very pleased with how the DB bench went. It’s been great seeing the progress coming through on all the other work.  Also wild how just 2 sets of weighted chins has my back feeling blown up.

* This workout ran longer than usual due to all the warming up and plan changes, so no conditioning to speak of, but I was clearly done after those good mornings.

* You can see I’ve got the hamstring wrapped up in the video with a knee wrap.  It’s worth appreciating that I’m wrapping muscles and not joints there.


PM WORKOUT


Got in 15 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24 kg bells and chased it immediately with TABEARTA. I still can’t fully bend over, so these are a lot of stiff leg/muscle variants at play. Fewer reps and more fatigue: what a win!


Tang Soo Do sparring class later tonight. May tap into my boxing roots at this point

No comments:

Post a Comment