Tuesday, November 1, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2584

AM WORKOUT (0420 natural wake up)

**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 4, Workout 2


9 rounds in 30 min of:


* 10 thrusters w/95lbs

* 5 log vipers w/135lbs


Got through 5 thrusters on the 10th round before time expired





**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**


Poundstone curls

100xAxle+5lbs


Notes:


* This is the deload to Chaos.  Getting more sleep and keeping training light.  This was a good combination of greatest hits through the week, and lessons learned as well.  My right forearm was still achy from squats, but this selection of movements was far more survivable than the previous run where I was using the barbell the whole time.  Real limiter was just training space: you can see how I have to push the log to the very edge of the crash mat to have room to do thrusters without hitting the garage door opener motor.  I honestly dig how the confined training space has forced me to become so creative.  And in that regard, this is a solid burner for 30 minutes.  It ascribes to my “put heavy things over your head” approach to physical transformation, and thrusters and vipers are different enough that you can bounce between them.  Quads vs hips.  Could do something similar with thrusters and snatches, which I’ve written about before.


* Threw weight on the Poundstones just to make things move faster, as I was short on time.  Got a solid pump out of it.


PM WORKOUT 


Tabata workout, 4 burpee chins during the 20s/Bear Complex for the 10s.

No comments:

Post a Comment