Friday, May 5, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2759

To sum up yesterday


Here's the video


I was pretty miserable for a few hours after that, which has impacted today's training.  As noted below

---

AM WORKOUT (0445 natural wake up) FASTED…kind of.   I’ve got enough food in my guts for weeks.

1.65 mile weighted vest walk w/50lb vest

300 squats and 300 pushs ups in under 9 minutes w/tabata intervals

DRIVE TO WORK

2 mile walk

Notes:

* I was in a pretty significant degree of agony for 3 hours after my meal last night, but eventually got to sleep.  Woke up and decided that lifting was a poor idea, but wanted to get my body back to “normal” by forcing it to continue on with a typical day, so went walking to help the digestion.   Vest is always the right call there.  Push ups and squats went surprisingly well.  I’m feeling far less stuffed but still very satiated.  I packed protein powder, but ultimately I’m not going to eat until I feel hungry again.  Zero need to force feed.  

* All that said, I actually am  down 3lbs from yesterday, and considering I have about 4lbs of food in my guts, that’s something.  I think my plan to train a TON leading up to the food and use the food to refill the burned out glycogen worked.  My body is just exploding with veins right now.

* It’s also worth keeping in mind that, though my guts are bursting, a LOT of that was onions.  You can see in the video I’m basically eating an entire plate of them, which my kid described looking late a plate of spaghetti.  So even though I am stuffed to the brim, calorically, I have to keep in mind it’s not quite as much as it feels.  6 big patties, 6 fried eggs, 12 strips of bacon, 6 slices of cheese, 1 bun and a LOT of peanut butter, alongside an order of fries.  With a full day of fasting leading up to it, it’s like 3 meals of: 2 patties, 2 eggs, 4 slices of bacon, 2 slices of cheese, a few fries, and a slice of peanut butter toast.  Looking at it from that lens, that’s a hearty day of eating, but not abject gluttony. 


PM UPDATE

Actually managed to get in my missed lifting workout.  Got out of work early, was compressed on time, so I FLEW through it.

PM WORKOUT (1450)

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH'S "FEAST" ROUTINE** WEEK 3, Workout 5....ish?  Whatever, it's been crazy.  Still fasted.




I haven't eaten in about 20 hours at this point, STILL full from tackling on the Stellanator



And I absolutely berserker mode'd this one!  Tore through it.  Having all those calories and meat coursing through my body is insane and I am pumped and ripped out of my mind.

High handle trap bar lifts
10x2x505
4x20 pull apart and 5xAMRAP hanging leg raise superset

Low hand trap bar rows 258
6x6
4x6x30lb KB hammer curl and 3x25x48lb axle curl superset

Crazy what 5lbs of cheeseburger can do for you



No comments:

Post a Comment