Thursday, May 11, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2765

AM WORKOUT (0345 natural wake up) FED: 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive w/raw egg at 0130, Egg whites upon waking

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FEAST” ROUTINE** Week 4, Workout 4: Squats and Shrugs



10x3x500 trap bar shrugs 

superset 

6x3x305 SSB front squat
**34**x185 SSB front squat 

https://youtu.be/i43bdaowYsU?t=2018

5 round circuit of 

* 6x330 SSB calf raise
* 10 grenade ball chain curls
* Hanging leg raise 

With 3 more sets of calf raises to get the full 8

Off camera was hamstring death of 9x3x80lb goblet GHRs, sets every 20 seconds, then 2xamrap bodyweight.

END OF PROGRAM REQS

300 squats and 300 push ups in under 8.5 minutes

BREAKFAST/DRIVE TO WORK

2 mile leisurely walk

Notes:

* This remains the most brutal day of the program.  I switched to the trap bar shrugs because the hip and thigh lift shrug with the straight bar kept crunching my left quad each week and it’s in a bad way there.  I may have broken something in the muscle.  Went to do a basic quad stretch in Tang Soo Do last night and was in agony.  Clearly, I can still squat and move, so it’s not disabled, but it needs some time NOT being compressed, so this worked well there.  Plus, a trap/shrug bar for traps and shrugs?  Seems kinda obvious.

* Much better SSB front squat deathset compared to last time.  I dig the depth I’m reaching on this movement.  The main work was a chipshot PR of getting in 5lbs more for the worksets, but I’ll take it.  This is just a solid movement variant.

* I REALLLY found some magic with the GHRs.  Total program deviation, but I went a set of 3 every 20 seconds holding the 80lb KB in a goblet squat, and by set 9 I was HURTING.  I then did an AMRAP at the top of the minute, rested until the next minute rolled around, AMRAP’d that, and then I was DONE.  Total hamstring death inside of 5 minutes.  I’m remembering this.  It’s going to be a future “bad idea”

* After that and the 300 squats, my legs were absolutely toast, so I went for a stroll vs a march.  Was nice to slow down and take in the sites.

* I am absolutely, completely and totally flat.  My last Rampage was the Stellanator, which was honestly not a lot of carbs.  And then I had a light rampage of a hotdog, slice of pizza and half a churro before that, in prep FOR the Stellanator.  I’m planning on really soaking up some carbs for Mother’s Day brunch.


PM Activity was 2.75 miles of lawn mowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment