Tuesday, May 9, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2763

AM WORKOUT (0340 natural wake up) FED: Metabolic Drive w/raw egg at 0050, egg whites upon waking

**PLAUGE OF STRENGTH’S “FEAST” ROUTINE** Week 4, Workout 2 (Bench)



Axle Pause Bench
10x2x246+chains
2xAMRAP of 155+chains wide grip touch and go 

Weighted dips
2x6x152.5
1x6x147.5
1x6x140+2xAMRAP BW w/rest pause DC style

superset above w/ 5xAMRAP hanging leg raises 

5 round circuit of
* 12x105 short military press
* 12 band pushdowns
* 12 band overhead extensions

END OF PROGRAM REQS

300 squats and 300 push ups in under 9 minutes using Tabata intervals

BREAKFAST/DRIVE TO WORK

Brisk 2 mile walk

Notes: 

* It’s amazing how much I don’t care about benching that I have to keep coming up with gimmicks and hooks to get me to do it, but chain benching felt awesome.  It’s been a long time since I brought it out.  And I know I totally set up the chains “wrong” as far as Westside is concerned, but for today’s goals they worked well.  It was an interesting degree of challenge, as it wasn’t murderous and I could move quickly through the workout, but you can see it’s clearly exhausting me.

* Experience some minor clavicle pain on the left side on the second set of heavy dips.  Nothing too significant, but I’ll monitor.

* Focused on really sticking with the Tabata intervals today on the push ups and squats and it was a solid conditioning effort as a result.

* Walk went well.  My in general walking speed has increased as a result of all of this.  

* Still just loving how nutrition is treating me.

Got in a 1.5 mile 50lb weighted vest walk with the dog for the PM

2 comments:

  1. How are the chains wrong according to Westside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chains are supposed to completely deload at the bottom of the rep vs still be contributing to bar weight like how I have it set up.

      Delete