Saturday, May 20, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2773

Today was a typical insane weekend.

Got up at 0730, feet hit the floor, 300 squats and push ups.  This time, I tried a Juarez valley approach, 50-10-40-20-30, then again.  I went 50 squats-10 push ups-10 squats-50 push ups-40 squats-20 push ups-20 squats, etc.  You see the pattern.  Got it done in 7.5 minutes, so slightly faster than my normal approach.

Had breakfast


2 whole pasture raised eggs, 1 egg white, with some chicken bacon and piedmontese grassfed stir fry beef mixed in with grassfed butter and grassfed swiss, eventually topped with grassfed sour cream, alongside 4 paleo chicken sausage links, more grassfed sir fry, and a chicken breast patty.  Carnivore king.

Walked the dog 2 miles.  No weight vest.  I am beat to Hell and today was a more or less weightless day.  Used it as an opportunity to go sans shirt to get in some vitamin D.

Life happened.  Bought a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt.  That made me happy.  Had my Rampage at Pizza Ranch


That was round 1.  There were several more.  Highlight was 3 slices of stuffed crust taco pizza.  I made a special request to have it added to the buffet line, and they did just that.  LOTS of chicken too.

HOWEVER, typically I have a Metabolic Drive shake before these meals, to make sure I get in my protein.  I forgot to pack it.  I walked to a local GNC and bought a ready made shake with some pea protein in it, and that turned out to be a mistake, because I felt myself start to swell early in the meal and, at the end, was uncomfortably gassy and bloated.  Couldn't get my wedding ring off.  Felt miserable for quite a while.  Never again, but proof of just how high quality Metabolic Drive is compared to some other stuff.

Did a Costco run.  Bought lots of stuff.  But this was the highlight.


FINALLY got myself some beef back ribs.  Gonna make some for lunch tomorrow, and more through out the week ideally.  Great time to break out my Ninja outdoor grill.

After Costco, came home and mowed the lawn.  Once again, no weight vest: went shirtless, got some sun, total distance of 3 miles.  Before I mowed, I did 150 KB swings w/24kg, to meet my daily quota, and in between the front and the back lawn I did 50 burpee chins in 4:10, which I'm fairly certain is a lifetime PR.  Hitting it post bloated cheat meal/lawn mowing/cold/etc just speaks to the ridiculous shape I'm in.

Had dinner at Runza.  It's a Nebraska thing.  Was still stuffed from my Rampage, so asked if they would just sell me 2 chicken breasts.  Back to being a carnivore.  They delivered.  So clutch of them.

Wife travels out tomorrow, so life gets even crazier.  I am sore as absolute Hell from my Dealer's Choice workout.  I shouldn't be left to my own devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment