Monday, May 1, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2755

AM WORKOUT (0345 natural wake up) FED: 1 scoop of metabolic drive w/raw egg at 0030, egg whites upon waking

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FEAST” ROUTINE** Week 3, Day 1 (partial squats)

Chain suspended buffalo bar Anderson squats w/10 second pause at top of rep|
12x2x245+ light bands

SUPERSETS w/leg and calf raises
5xAMRAP hanging leg raise first 5 sets
4x50 calf raises (55lbs, 30, bodyweight, bodyweight)


Wide stance Buffalo Bar GMs
3x6x165
5xAMRAP chins as superset


OFF CAMERA

15 rounds of

* 15 GHRs
* 20 bodyweight squats
* 20 push ups

Done in 27:15

BREAKFAST/DRIVE TO WORK

Brisk 2 mile walk

Notes:

* Despite my insane day yesterday, this went awesome.   My knee and hip feel fantastic, with only a slight twinge on set 11.  I made it a goal to move fast through this workout and it paid off.  Caught myself quick counting the 10 seconds at the top a few times, so good to keep that awareness.  The calf raises are still murder with the tight knee sleeves.

* Really focusing on keeping my knees as straight as possible on those GMs and it seems to get me a lot for my investment.

* That conditioning circuit at the end was absolutely balller.  225 GHRs: I’m gonna feel that.

* My walk was invigorating.  Completely unintentional, but I’ve been using these walks as an opportunity to engage in a lot of positive self-talk.  And the truth is: my life is honestly fantastic, and as much as I’d hate to tie it all to nutritional intervention, that’s a BIG part of it.  I am finally eating in a manner that is at peace with who I am, and resolving that dissonance has really just let me be at peace in general.  I’ll be on these walks talking about just how happy I am with my life, my family, my time.


PM


Got in a 20 min sled workout. Litvi-swings. 8 kb swings w/40kg bell, backwards drag, swings, forward drag.

Had more chicken and egg whites for dinner 



Hitting all the marks

2 comments: