Wednesday, May 17, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2770


AM WORKOUT (0350 natural wake up) FASTED


**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE” ROUTINE: “RAGNAROK IS HERE” VARIANT** Week 1, Day 3 (Bench and Dips)





Axle touch and go bench

2x1x326
3x296
2x296

GIANT SET: Press-abs-curls

BtN Press
6xAMRAPx95 w/2 second pause at top of lockout

Hanging leg raise
5xAMRAP

Fat Gripz Concentration Curls
5x20x10lbs

Dips
375 in 20 minutes using Tabata intervals

END OF PROGRAM REQS

15 EMOM rounds of

* 20 squats
* 20 push ups
* 10 KB swings w/24kg bell

BREAKFAST: 2 egg whites mixed w/2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and 2 small pieces of beef liver

Leisurely 2 mile walk

Notes:

* Try as I might, it’s hard to make this day move quickly.  The enforced 20 minutes of dips is part of that: can’t speed up time.  But I got in a LOT more work by using those tabata intervals, so that’s money.  And the giant set circuit helped.  I could probably stand to up the weight on the BtN press, but bench was heavier than I expected.  

* Hitting 375 dips and chasing it with 300 push ups speaks to a silly level of upper body work capacity.

* My abs/midsection is back to “anatomy chart” levels of leanness inside of like 3 days of Famine.  This protocol is simply amazing, and I’m not even 100% complying with it.  Little things, like shaving out a half scoop of protein powder, training completely fasted (still doing “wake and shake” in the middle of the night though), a pure protein shake fast day, lean lunches, etc, all add up, yet I’m still eating until satisfied during my solid meals.  It’s just a fantastic balance.

* Forgot to note that I weighed in at 182.0 yesterday, which is the lightest weigh in so far.

2 comments:

  1. Still hard to believe you look that massive with that light a bodyweight. You kept all the good size from your heavyweight era and added onto it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that man! I never made it to heavyweight, despite my best efforts, haha, but I was definitely living Disney's Heavyweights lifestyle! And this has been incredible.

      Delete