Monday, May 8, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2762

AM WORKOUT (0340 natural wake up) FED: 1 scoop of Metabolic drive w/raw egg at 0000, egg whites upon waking

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FEAST” ROUTINE** Week 4, Workout 1: Heavy partial squats



Chain Suspended Buffalo Bar Anderson Squats
12x2x50lbs +light and monster mini bands

SUPERSET w/
5xAMRAP hanging leg raises
4x50 calf raises (55lb, 30lb, BW, BW)

Buffalo Bar Wide Stance Good Mornings
3x6x175

SUPERSET w/
5xAMRAP chins

OFF CAMERA

15 rounds of
15 GHRs
20 squats
15 push ups

After 15 rounds, get the remaining 300 push ups, then a max set of GHRs (22), time was 24 minutes and some change

.81 mile walk w/45lb vest in 12 minutes

Got in a 2 mile walk later in the day

Notes:

* Holy cow bands are awesome and intense.  I really appreciate bringing them into this movement.  Overcoming them at the start is a challenge and it just builds the whole time, but I feel like I’m beating up my body less compared to using just straight weight.  Set up is a lot faster too.  And no expectations going in: I don’t get in my head regarding plate weight.

* Tore through this workout because my work schedule is going to be crazy and I wanted to get in as much as I can.  Great to be in such awesome shape to make it happen.  That circuit of GHRs, push ups and squats is clutch, especially when done quickly.  And my hamstrings are torched for days afterwards.

* Had enough time to get in  SOME walking, so I made the most of it.  Used a different vest and got in what I could.  Was able to get in an official 2 miler later


No comments:

Post a Comment