Wednesday, May 24, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2777

AM WORKOUT (0310 natural wake up, snooze until 0350) FASTED

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE” ROUTINE: RAGNAROK IS HERE** Week 2, Day 3 (bench)



Axle Bench Press touch and go w/rest pause
5+3+2+3x276


GIANT SET CIRCUIT (press-abs-curl) minimal rest between rounds

BtN Press
6xAMRAPx105 (forgot the 2 second lockout on the first two rounds, brought it back on remainder)

Hanging leg raise
5xAMRAP

Fat Gripz concentration curl

3x20x15
2x20x10

20 minutes of dips w/Tabata intervals

387 in 20 minutes, 400 total

END OF PROGRAM REQS

7 rounds in 28:10 of

* 43 squats
* 43 push ups
* 22 swings w/24kg bell
* .28 mile run (run around my block)

Notes: 

* There will always be a siren’s call to return to Dogg Crapp, and with that will be the return to rest pause benching.  I just plain can’t stand benching, and this morning I wanted to tear through my training because my work schedule was nuts, so this seemed like a good way to speed it up.  I actually opened up with 300 for a VERY rough single.  I’m sure I’m just exhausted from the combination of hard training, hard working, and living off of protein shakes.  Soon the famine will end and the feast will resume.  Just gonna ride this out.

* I want to celebrate how absolutely jacked I am.  Great time for the heat to be turned up, because training shirtless is primal and I’m a goddamn animal.  In fact, I’d go so far as to say a sexual tyrannosaurs.

* That circuit at the end was a “get to yes” sorta moment.  I didn’t manage the final run of the 7 rounds due to time constraints, but made up the missing distance by parking far away from work this morning.  

* As a bit of full disclosure, part of the motivation for the famine is my kid’s birthday is going to actually kickoff the feast, and I am so excited to be in a headspace where I can legit just cut loose and have a blast with my kid.  No being a martyr about birthday cake and meals: let’s bring on a day of nutritional debauchery.  I’ve learned that any cheat day “damage” can be undone with 1 day on the Velocity Diet, and 4 weeks of feasting will mean being jacked at the end of 2 weeks of Famine.

* Tang Soo Do tonight.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome seeing you look like a better version of a human anatomy chart and the Predator reference is full of win. Also just listened to over half of the podcast interview you did, what a great item to see in my Reddit feed this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much for that man. You're going in a fantastic direction too with how huge you're growing.

      Delete