Tuesday, May 16, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2769

AM WORKOUT (0345 natural wake up) FASTED

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE” ROUTINE: “RAGNAROK IS HERE”** Week 1, Day 2 (Squats)



GIANT SET OF: squat-row-abs

SSB Front Squat
4x3x315
36x160

Viking row
6x20 w/60lbs on axle

Hanging leg raise
5xAMRAP

SUPERSET of: calves-quads

SSB calf raise
5x5x355

Reverse hyper leg extensions
3x25x100

OFF CAMERA

15 rounds, 90 seconds per round

First 3 rounds:

* 25 GHRs
* 20 squats
* 20 push ups

Next 12 rounds:

* 10 GHRs
* 20 squats
* 20 push ups
* 10 KB swings w/47.5lb bell

Did a final round of 5 GHRs and 30 swings just to total 200 GHRs and 150 swings…because base 10

BREAKFAST: 2 scoops of metabolic drive mixed w/2 egg whites, 2 small pieces of beef liver

2+ mile brisk walk

Notes:

* Continuing to find more ways to “make this mine” and shave off time.  Holy f**k this was brutal.  For the Giant Set rest times, I went either 3 minutes from the finish of the squats or 90 seconds from the finish of the leg raises.  Both hit around the same time.  For the superset, I rested 30 seconds after the extensions.  And then that conditioning circuit at the end to get in my GHRs, push ups, squats and swings was absolutely fantastic.  I was hanging on by a thread those final rounds: BARELY enough time to finish up before the next round started.

* My right knee is a little mad at me from when I blacked out with the log yesterday.  It landed on an achy part.  It wanted to buckle a few times during the workout.  Held up strong enough, but it’s letting me know it’s mad.

* The deathset really crept up on me.  I was going strong and then suddenly my lungs wanted to collapse.  I wonder if that’s a factor of the weight being ON my lungs with this being a front squat.

* It’s worth appreciating that a SSB front squat isn’t a front squat, sure, but it’s still a fantastic squatting variant and I’m really happy to have brought it back in.

* And in that regard, I’m also pleased to bring back the “post workout workout”.  I was missing that element for a while now.  I basically broke myself down back to zero and am rebuilding from there, and the pieces are all fitting together much better.

* Weighed in at 182.0 post workout shower.  Lightest bodyweight yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment