Monday, May 15, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2768

AM WORKOUT (0345 natural wake up, rough night of sleep, mind was racing, solving lots of problems) FASTED

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE” ROUTINE: “RAGNAROK IS HERE”** Week 1, Day 1



In a circuit, Log press-dips-incline-viking press (4 rounds has all 4 movements, last 2 rounds is only last 2 movements): 90-120 seconds between rounds

Log clean and strict press away

2x200
2x3x200
1x200


Weighted Dips

5x145
4x145
2x3x145

Incline bench

2 sets AMRAP of 165
4 sets AMRAP of 148

Viking press

4 sets AMRAP
2 sets AMRAP w/triple dropset

15 minutes of arms

END OF PROGRAM REQS

15 rounds, EMOM of

* 20 bodyweight weights
* 20 push ups
* 10 KB swings w/24kg bell


BREAKFAST: 2.5 scoops of Metabolic Drive mixed with an egg white and 2 small chunks of beef liver (like Nickle sized).

2 mile brisk walk

Notes:

* This was one of those thing that kept me up last night: I came up with this idea of running today like a big circuit in order to shave time off the workout and really drive home the Famine element of burning up glycogen and exhausting myself.  This was SO effective in that regard.  I’m definitely going to see how far down the rabbithole I can go on this with the rest of the protocol.  I feel like it’s going to really drive these 2 Famine weeks home in opposition to the Feast, and with Jamie highly advocating for experimentation it’s a good fit.

* I blacked out on the first attempt at the log, fell down and had the log land on my legs.  I actually have it on video and may upload it.  But you can see how I get better with the log as the workout goes on.  Still gotta get on top of this blood pressure/heart rate thing.  I think I may have gotten my heart rate too low again.  

* I’ll need to figure out the right weights here.   It’s super exhausting getting to the end.  I may have to go with some minibands on the Viking press, and drop that incline even lighter.  Another option is to bring out the slingshot for the incline.  I kinda like that idea as I think about it.

* Even though I have cables, I’m happier using the bands for the arm work.  Just easier set-up.

* Great to get those swings in on top of the daily push ups and squats.  I really wanna make that a part of these 2 weeks, if not beyond.  I don’t have a set number, but 150 per 300 isn’t a bad start.  Just getting in more pulling in general.  I’m also feeling the itch to pick up a rower…

* I realized I forgot the leg raises.  I did 1 set after the conditioning, and can work to get in some more later today.

* Lemme talk a little bit more about yesterday, since I was in a rush: Mother’s Day Brunch rampage was Bananas foster French toast 




and the muffin of the day (banana chocolate chip) at First Watch, a great breakfast chain.  Before I rolled in, I had a 2 scoop metabolic drive shake in water…and AFTERWARDS I had a dark chocolate Finibar, because I was legit still hungry and honestly didn’t feel like I got enough carbs.  I also had the leftover quarter of my kid’s chocolate chip pancake with syrup on it.  And, in truth, even after all that, still didn’t quite feel like I got what I needed, but my appetite was satiated for the rest of the day.  Mrs wanted burgers for dinner (I love this woman), so I broke out the bison burgers for myself, threw them on egg white wraps with grassfed swiss and bought some no sugar added all natural bacon from Target.  It was pretty solid: just pork, water and salt for ingredients.   I ended up eating all 6 strips and the rest of my kid’s uneaten burger as well once it was done.  Definitely celebrating that final day of the feast.  Training was whatever I could get in, and we took the dog for a walk as a family.  Honestly, just an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment