Friday, May 12, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2766

AM WORKOUT (0345 natural wake up) FED: 1 scoop of Metabolic drive w/raw egg at 0100, egg whites upon waking

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FEAST” ROUTINE** Week 4, Workout 5 (Final)


Log clean and strict press away
8x2x200lbs performed EMOM 


Klokov press 5x10x95lbs
SUPERSET w/10 pull aparts 


Swiss bar incline bench
5x5x215
SUPERSET w/5xAMRAP leg raises 

Close grip swiss bar bench
4x6x215 

Skullcrusher deathset

END OF PROGRAM REQS


300 push ups and 300 squats in under 8.5 minutes


BREAKFAST/DRIVE TO WORK


Leisurely 2 mile walk



Notes:

* I absolutely CRUSHED that log press EMOM!  First week I made it through 3 full and failed on the 4th.  Couldn’t even get in a round second week.  Third week I biffed it on round 2.  THIS is some real growth.  Man this program has been awesome.

* That said, I am clearly exhausted, which means the timing of Feast/Famine is dialed in perfectly.  I’m ready for 2 weeks of something different.  I still pushed today as hard as I could, but, in truth, it was the LAST thing I wanted to do.  This day is pretty unsatisfying.  It starts out strong but is a slog toward the end.

* I flew through the push ups and squats.  That was pretty cool.  And the veins on my quads are absolutely nuts.

* Took the walk slower.  It’s stupid humid out and I didn’t want to sweat through my work clothes too much.

* Company is coming into town this weekend.  It’s the best timing ever for Feast.  I’m gonna live it up BIG this weekend and earn those 2 weeks of Famine.  Still gonna go with my two diet approach here.  If not Carnivore, then keto.  Mother’s Day brunch will be Rampage.

No comments:

Post a Comment