Thursday, December 17, 2015

PHYSICAL THERAPY


3rd PT Session down. Today was


-15 minutes on the bike

-Strap assisted heel slides from the prone position: 10 reps, trying my hardest to get to 120 degrees

-Gastroc/soleus/hamstring stretch, 2 sets of 30 seconds for all. The hamstring stretch is pretty much the old school hurdler stretch.

-Quad extension/contraction 1x10

-Quad isometric extension in the 60 and 90 degree bend, 1x10 (5 second hold per rep)

-4 way straight leg raises, 2x10

-Hamstring curls, 2x10

-5 minutes prone hang w/2lb ankle weight

-KT tape and 15 minutes of ice/compression



KT tape is new to me. I'll find out if it really is the bee's pajamas I suppose. Have to make sure I'm not cheating the movements by calling in other muscles to do the job. Old habits. Have to focus on my walking gait now too. They said the only thing causing me to limp at this point is me not actively trying NOT to limp.



General notes: Woke up at 185.4 this morning, which is a drop, but shows still a steady sign of progression compared to where I started. I imagine I'm going to be seeing a lot of instances of weight spikes followed by settling back, but if the settle back weight keeps remaining higher, it's a good sign.


Will try to hit the grippers this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, "KT Tape" is the "ATM Machine" of fitness. Kinesiotape Tape.

    Surprised to see it in a clinical setting. I guess the placebo effect is still an effect, huh?

    Stay away from the psychosomatic limp, forrrrr sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good to know. I also hate redundant terms. And yeah, this guy working with me let me know there was no scientific evidence to back it up, but he offered and I figured "why not". I'm pretty much open to anything at this point. Up next is voodoo and satan worship.


      It's been tricky trying to focus on walking. It's amazing the things you take for granted.

      Delete