Monday, December 7, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1997

Single leg squat w/SSB (right leg)/squat visualization flex (left leg)
4x10
1x10 drop bar 1x10


Notes: Just the bar, no weight on it, so about 60lbs.  Still hammered the leg pretty hard, and now I've got a better set-up for adding weight in the future.  Hits the upper back a touch as well.  Still just flexing as hard as I can with the left.



Standing average band curls (right)/hamstring flex (left)
2x8/10
2x6/10

Notes: Average band really hit the leg hard.  Seeing a lot in these movements.



Average band leg extension/quad flex
2x8/10
2x6/10



Blast strap fallouts
3x12

superset w/

Neck harness 45lbs
2x25
1x35


Notes: Really going to focus on the neck now, since I can.



Reverse hyper (no weight)
1x50



Notes: It felt like it was only my right side working on this one, but I think that was just due to fatigue.  After I was done, I felt the pump all in my back.  Going to really go for high reps on these next go round: make it my finisher for the day.  Still need to do something for my glutes as well.  Maybe some old school fire hydrants or something stupid like that.

3 comments:

  1. Got a video/some explanation on how you've rigged up the standing leg curl? That's one I haven't been able to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could try to shoot some video some time. To explain, I loop the band around the upright of the power rack (really low, close to the floor).

      I then take a cuff from a blast strap and clip that to the other side of the band, and put the cuff around my ankle. This keeps the band from sliding up my leg too much. It also helps that I have a knee sleeve slid down around my ankle to create some friction.


      I then pace back far enough to create some tension in the band, and then hold onto a flat bench/brace my other leg and curl the leg up as far as I can go. So I'm standing, but my torso if pretty horizontal.


      It "works", but it's not pretty, haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I see. I've done them lying a similar way with the band + power rack setup, though I don't have any cuffs (it's the one piece of bondage gear missing from my ensemble) so I have to loop the band around my feet. It's alright, but yeah, not pretty.

    ReplyDelete