Friday, December 4, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1995




EARLY AM TRAINING


Blast strap fallouts
5x10

superset w/


Seated band good mornings (average band)
5x10


Notes: Had more time to train today, broke my session up and really hammered the core. The seated band good mornings aren't terrible. Not a whole lot of stimulus, but better than nothing. That said, later in the day, I went over to my reverse hyper and was able to perform the movement without any resistance with no issues, so I may just hit those next time.



Neck harness 45lbs
1x65


Notes: Might as well start pushing this.




LATER AM TRAINING


Single leg squat w/45lbs right leg, seated squat visualization/flex with left
3x10
1x10 +1x10 without weight


Notes: Held a kettlebell in my right hand for the single leg squats to add some resistance. It ended up being pretty gnarly, especially with the drop set at the end. In the more distant future, I see myself doing this with the safety squat bar, but the farmer's handle might work as well as a loading implement. For the visualization, I hit 20 reps and then held the contraction on the last one for 10 seconds.



Standing band leg curls (light, right leg)/hamstring flex left leg
4x10
1x12


Notes: Held contraction for 10 seconds on last rep of last set for flex.



Seated band leg extensions (light, right leg)/quad flex left leg
4x10
1x15

Notes: Held contraction for 15 seconds on last rep of last set of flex.




General notes: Woke up at 184.4. Ate a ton yesterday, had some GI issues. Had a poptart after the second workout this morning and it was glorious. Don't plan to make that a habit, but I want to start experimenting with higher carbs immediately post workout.








PM TRAINING




Captains of Crush Grippers

#2

1x19

1,2,3,1,2,1,1,2 (odd wave pattern)

31 second hold


#1
1x38


Notes: Trying to vary things a little more, as it seems sticking with the same routine on these tends to burn out my forearms and hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment