Tuesday, December 15, 2015

PHYSICAL THERAPY UPDATE


Second day of physical therapy, much more involved than the first. Ended up doing


15 minutes of cycling (5 forward, 5 back, 5 forward)

Strap assisted heel slides/leg extensions 2x10 (20 second hold knee bent, 10 second hold leg straight)

Quad extension/flex 2x10 (20 second hold)

Gastroc/Soleus stretch with a band 3x30 second hold

4 way straight legged raises 1x10 (5 second hold), whole series repeated twice

Prone hang, no resistance (lay on stomach, put towel under knee, let leg hang, 3 minutes)

Standing hamstring curl 1x10 (20 second hold on top, 10 second hold standing with leg straight)


And then 15 minutes of ice/pressure




-Was having a heck of a time getting my leg straight at the very start with the heel slides. I notice that first thing in the morning things are a little tight.

-Despite being delayed to getting into PT, the Docs are pretty happy with the ROM I displayed on everything. Biggest issue we were running into was language barriers regarding exercises. I interpreted a set of 10 to mean perform a rep, relax the muscle, then perform a rep. They instead intend for me to perform the full 10 reps with the muscle contracted the entire time. Good to note for the future.

-Was told that they went easy today, and we're going to really start pushing things to make up for lost time. I'm excited about that.

-No pain with any exercises, but a little bit of increased swelling, which they told me to watch out for.




Next session in on Thursday.




General notes: Woke up at 187.2 today. Think I'm starting to get a hang on nutrition. Still having fun sort've playing around with some ideas and seeing how they unfold. Will train lower body later tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised at all that your ROM and pain level were better than they were expecting. I'm sure most people would have kept the injured area completely inert after an injury and especially surgery. I'm glad you're not having any pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated man. I of course have the opposite problem of most, in that I'm ready to move the damn thing already, haha. But I suppose I'd rather be in this position than the other.

      Delete