Sunday, April 23, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2747

Holy cow today was awesome.  Lemme narrate.

Got up at 0530 because the wife had a half marathon to run.  

Got up, turned around, made the bed, then immediately got in my 300 push ups and 300 bodyweight squats.  Just one less thing.

Had done some pre-planning and my truck was already all loaded up 


In there is a Westside Barbell "Unruly Sled" I got on Friday




To which I will say that I absolutely LOVE my prowler, if I had to only pick one tool to train everything forever, I'd absolutely pick that...but I'm having an affair with this sled right now.  It's my dirty mistress.  This is "high speed/low drag" personified...it actually DOES drag pretty smooth come to think about it.  But it's pretty awesome I can just throw it in my truck's trunk compartment and roll, and since it's so rugged and bare I don't care if it gets beat to hell.

I also have a 20kg and 40kg kettlebell, Ironmind sled strap and a harness.  Ended up not needing the harness.  

After I dropped the wife off at the starting line, got back to the truck, busted everything out




 and did this workout

WORKOUT
* Backwards drag sled w/120kg loaded
* Humane burpee w/20kg bell (15 swings, 5 goblet squats, 5 push ups)
* Forward drag sled w/120kg loaded
* Humane burpee w/20kg bell



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIa1Iwy9qvA

Got 8 rounds in 19:30, then finished out the 20 minutes w/as many swings as possible w/40kg bell


Very solid, short, simple workout...which was great, because it helped drive my appetite for this wonderous Rampage Meal I had at a local pizza buffet/arcade




This was the FIRST round.  There is a bowl of chili, a cinnamon roll (I dipped the roll in the chili, because Canadian Lumberacks know what's up), then a breakfast plate w/ 2 french toast sticks, bacon, a sausage link scrambled eggs with sausage, onions and peppers, biscuit and sausage gravy (would you believe that's the first time I've ever had that in my life?), then that plate has some gourmet mac n cheese and some sort of cheesy pasta.  

The pizza plate had a slice of "mexican cream cheese breakfast pizza", cream cheese breakfast pizza, pepperoni and sliced sausage pizza, hamburger pizza, combo pizza, and cajun chicken pizza.  Then there is a plate of nachos.  

My next round was dessert.  I didn't take a photo because the Rampage was on and I was tearing through it.  I had 3 slices of dessert pizza (apple streusel, cinnamon and blueberry) and a brownie with powdered sugar.


Amazingly, I walked away from this satiated, happy, but not stuffed to the brim.  My body is just soaking up everything.  I am so goddamn primed right now.  In that regard, the Mrs has been absolutely devouring me with her eyes.  She's back after a week away and I am yoked beyond all recognition, especially with all these carbs running through me.  And this trip to the arcade/buffet was to celebrate some big wins in our household and treat my kid for being just awesome, so being able to cut loose and enjoy myself like this was fantastic.


Played arcade games for 2 hours.  Won my kid a million prizes.  Dropped the family off, nailed some grocery shopping, bought myself a pack of Magic Cards because I miss doing that, got a 30oz Tumbler so I can start drinking a LOT more coffee at work, and then came home and mowed the lawn for 1 hour and 20 min, finding out that I walk 2.7 miles when I do that by using my Strava app.  I wore my 45lb vest while doing that, and in doing so, I exceeded the 2 mile walk requirement for the day.



I've been fasting since that meal, because I don't need any more food after that.


My garage is set up for some INSANE squatting tomorrow.  I am going to put all these carbs to use.  


My life is f**king fantastic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment