Sunday, April 30, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2754

Holy cow this was like living 3 days in one today.

Woke up at 0700 via alarm because the Mrs had a flight to catch.  Got in 300 push ups and 300 squats in under 8:30 using tabata intervals.

Got in a Costco run and had my mini-rampage.  Because I'm doing that burger challenge on Thurs, I didn't feel a need to go excessively crazy, but I DID want to top off some carbs, because I can't deny the benefit of doing that each week.  I settled on a Hotdog, slice of Pepperoni Pizza and half a churro.  The big thing was: I got to share this meal with my kiddo.  Can't tell you the last time we got to have a Costco meal together without me being a martyr about it.  This has just been awesome.


Got home, walked the dog for 2 miles with a 50lb weighted vest on (added 10lbs), then kept it on and mowed my lawn and did some more yardwork.  Kept the strava app on the whole time and logged 2hr 52 min of activity for 5.52 miles with a weighted vest on.


Then came meal prep.  I was knocking it out bit by bit today, but the afternoon was huge.  Broke out my Ninja outdoor grill for the first time



Air fried a whole chicken


As you can see, it actually didn't fit there, so I had to spatchcock it and THEN re-attempt.

But it turned out awesome


In the middle of that, my kiddo made their own Meatbolic Drive cheesecake cookies, which they absolutely love.  I also tried to make some fat-free cheese chaffles based on an online recipe and they turned out as a disaster, but we met our end goal of chicken and waffles/chaffles for dinner


End shot here of my meal with the sour cream on top



I then took stock of my carnivore meal prep for the week


Top left is grassfed beef liver which turned out so good I had to cut myself off to prevent vitamin A toxicity, bottom left is grassfed stir fry meat, bottom center is grassfed kabobs, top center is chicken tenderoloins, bottom right is pasture raised scrambled eggs, top right is remainder of chicken.

Packed lunch for the week: steak and eggs baby!  ...with some liver and chicken as needed  And snacks of tenderloins and liver





I am BEAT.  I get to train in 6 hours.  Squats lead the way!









No comments:

Post a Comment