Monday, April 10, 2023

Training Log: Entry 2734

AM WORKOUT (0355 natural wake up) Semi-fasted: Had a 1 scoop protein shake at 0030

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE” WORKOUT”** Week 2, Day 1


*Log Clean and Strict Press Away* (2 min max between sets)

* 3x4x200
* 1x3x200


*Axle incline bench* (75 seconds between sets)

* 6 sets of 166lbs (14 for first set, then 7s through 9s)


*Viking press* (75 seconds between sets)

* 4x12 w/35lb plate and 3 sets of light bands
* 2 sets with triple dropset

*Weighted dips/hanging leg raise superset (75 seconds between sets, leg raises done during rest period)*

* 1x6x125lbs
* 3x3-4x155lbs
* 5 sets AMRAP hanging leg raise

*15 minute arm circuit of grenade ball chain curls and tricep pushdowns*

*Throughout the workout I did band pull aparts, and I believe it shook out to 10x20*

Total time: 1hr 25mins

300 push ups
50 bodyweight squats

BREAKFAST/GET TO WORK

2 mile walk

Notes:

* Now that I’ve run the workout as designed, I’m willing to start playing around with it.  I shortened up the rest periods, threw in band pull aparts wherever I could, changed the first and second movements slightly, actually REMEMBERED to do the weighted dips, which, in turn, meant running them as a superset with the hanging leg raises, primarily because I wanted to combine movements wherever I could to try to shave off time.  This workout ran longer than the first time, but, again: I actually did the dips this time.  Also got in one more set of warm-ups on the main press, for what that’s worth.

* On the log, very first set of worksets I felt myself start to blackout on rep 1.  I was getting some headspins yesterday, most likely just struggling with fluid/salt balance with how weird nutrition went.  I was able to recover and get in a solid set of 4, and that kept up for the majority of the worksets.  No blacking out for the rest of the workout.  Only managed a triple for the final set.

* Since the axle wasn’t tied up for the main press, I used that for incline benching instead of a barbell.  I still need to keep this more like a close grip than traditional spacing.  My right shoulder screams otherwise.  Really truncated the rest periods.

* Viking press barweight was reduced from last week because I threw on an extra light band in order to allow for a triple dropset vs a double like I did last week.  Still just an awesome set-up in general.  Unique challenge to pressing.

* Weighted dips are really feeling strong.  I’m in a good way for them.  I legit had equipment issues as the limiter: my right handle on my rig shifted on the third and fourth set, which introduced an element of instability.  I failed going for the 4th rep on set 3 as a result, but was able to fight through it for set 4.  Hanging leg raises didn’t take away here.

* Realized I was TECHNICALLY supposed to rest 15 seconds between circuits on the arm, but I feel like it was close enough to just bounce between them.

* I pretty much never stopped moving for this workout.  I got in band pull aparts whenever I could, and otherwise set-up equipment for tomorrow or put away stuff.  I preferred this vs the first day of getting in legit rest, and I didn’t observe any performance degrade from it.

* Got in the 300 push ups in bits and pieces while moving through the rest of my morning.  Got to work and got in a 2 mile walk before getting into the building.  I owe 250 bodyweight squats, which shouldn’t be a big ask.  This is going to be a long next 10 days at work, so getting ahead of as much as I can.  I’ve learned it takes me just about 18:30 to walk a mile at my average pace of 3.1 mph, so that’s a good data point if I find myself without my GPS.  

* This will be another “high compliance” week as far as the Velocity Diet goes.  Since I’m gonna be stuck at work, I won’t need to have mid-day Healthy Solid Meals, and even my evening one is most likely going to be eaten at work.  Today, I’m doing a 1.0 day: nothing but shakes.  Coincides with Jamie’s protocol as well, and after the Feast I had yesterday, I could honestly use the “detox”.  I still don’t have much appetite.  I fully intended to engage in some Easter dessert yesterday, and just plain didn’t want to eat when the time came.

* I am just getting stupidly lean at this point, and these weekly huge meals are only helping.  Cool to see the interplay. 


PM

Got in the remainder of the squats at work.  Getting things done where and when I can.

2 comments:

  1. MythicalStrength, just wanted to share that MAS Wrestling org never answered my inquiry as to why MAS Wrestling is a combat sport. But after watching some higher level MAS Wrestlers who are evenly matched and applying leverage techniques, I think I understand why it's a combat sport and not just a "tug of war" like competition. It almost seems like a Judo match. Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got the answer you were seeking my dude!

      Delete