Sunday, April 16, 2023

Training Log: Entry 2740

AM WORKOUT (0505 natural wake up) Semi-fasted: 1 scoop of metabolic drive at 0115

65 rounds in 20 minutes of:

* 2 prisoner squats
* 2 push ups
* 2 chins



50 band pull aparts

Notes:

* Wanted to get in some push ups and squats with a conditioning twist this morning.  Plan is to walk the dog with the kiddo later, so I can actually get some sunlight.  I’m on my 7th and hopefully final 12 hour shift, so I should have a little more time to do that.  I picked doubles because I felt like they’d keep my form honest: something I’ve once again stolen from Dan John.  This is like a deconstructed burpee chin in that regard: you can’t just scream through it, but have to give each rep some diligence.

* 300 air squats a day has really gotten me feeling loose and mobile again.  Just a touch of brilliance from Jamie.

* My shoulders were screaming on this: most likely a byproduct of the 600 push ups from yesterday.  Band pull aparts helped.

* This felt pretty tonic.  Solid Sunday morning workout.  I wanna get in something more of a barn burner later if I can, but that will also be contingent on if I can get in my rampage meal.  I’m going to find A way to get in some carbs today, but the degree of nutritional debauchery is up in the air.

* Complete aside, but I want to pat myself on the back AND slap myself on the forehead at the same time for coming to the realization yesterday that, instead of packing protein bars to work, I could have just been bringing eggs this whole time.  I kept looking for high protein/low carb snacks, and they were right there.  This week of 12s, I’ve been packing 2 of them with my microwave egg cooker as part of my Healthy Solid Meal and it’s been so simple, so now I’m planning on making them my mid-afternoon snack during this “Feast” period.  But again: it’s why I experiment.  I learn so much.


---

LATER


Got in my remaining 170 push ups and sit ups while bringing in groceries.  

Got in "Bow Your Head for Grace"

Then immediately put on the 40lb vest and went on a 2 mile walk with the kiddo and dog.

I got in all 2 mile walks and 300 push ups and 300 bodyweight squats a day on the Famine program for 2 weeks, and all walks were outside per instruction.  I am pleased to say that.

Before grocery shopping and this workout and walk, I managed to get in my Rampage meal.  Went to our favorite BBQ places and I tore it up vs my typical keto/carnivore approach.

Got their pulled pork nachos


Alongside an order of the most fantastic onion rings in the world. 



 The wife and I "shared" the appetizers, which is to say I have about 3/4 of both and she had a reasonable amount.  I also housed 3 chicken wings that looked like they came off a dinosaur




And finished off the wife's baked beans too.  

Sufficient carb loaded.  Fasted for remainder of day.  Will get in some metabolic drive before bed just to have some protein in the system.  Cooked up chicken drumsticks and mahi mahi for meal prep, and also grabbed some lamb on the bone at Costco.  Excited to give that a whirl.

I am exhausted.  6 12s in a row and 1 4 have done me in.  My gym is set up for tomorrow, the Feast is on, I am ready to destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment