Friday, April 28, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2752

AM WORKOUT (0345 natural wake up) FED: 1 scoop of metabolic drive w/raw egg at 0030, egg whites upon waking

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH'S "FEAST" ROUTINE" Week 2, Day 5




https://youtu.be/AwQ-dmsowmw

Axle continental and press away (was blacking out with the log)
2x2x193
1x1x193 (was going EMOM up until this point)
5x2x193 (got a failed attempt at a single after the final set, trying to compensate for the single I got earlier on set 3)


Klovkov press superset w/10 band pull aparts
5x10x83lbs

Swiss bar incline superset w/AMRAP leg raise 
5x5x208

Swiss bar close grip bench
4x6x208

Skullcrusher pyramid
10-8-6-4-2-2-9 (final set used weight from first set 


END OF PROGRAM REQS

20 round tabata of push ups and squats to get over 300.


Notes:

* Not sure what was up this morning but I was feeling beat to Hell, and on the first rep of the warm-up with the empty log I blacked out.  Blacked out on the next warm-up.  Blacked out on the 2 attempts at a workset.  Decided to shut it down and go with the axle.   I was lightheaded with that, but not blacking out.  Curious if my resting heart rate has dropped on me again.  My bodyweight is stupid low, as is my bodyfat, so there might be something going on there.

* Still brought it today.  Full effort.  Went EMOM until I couldn't with the axle, with a bunch of bruising on the gut to show for it.  Added weight everywhere else, kept rest times short and got in a lot of quality work.  That Tabata approach is really something, and my right knee is actually feeling a bit better.


AMAZING DAY WITH KID UPDATE

* It started off with this


* Took my kid on a full adventure today, with me as their berserker guide/companion.

* First, we exercised our noble animal companion.  I donned my armor of +40lbs for our 2 mile quest.  Upon our return, we constructed a grimoire that had all we needed to construct some "Wizard and Warrior Waffles".  This included oil of duck (spray duck fat, really leaning into this carnivore thing) and fluid most fowl (liquid egg whites) among other cuteness ("magical mix-ins" for my kiddo were peanut butter chips).  My kid's waffles were birthcake sprinkles with peanut butter chips that we spread a layer of peanut butter on to make into a sandwich.  For myself, I had my first attempt at chaffles.  The appearance left something to be desired, but the taste was amazing

* 2 of those are egg white, one is whole eggs (Pasture raise), the whole eggs are topped with grassfed butter, and for cheese I used grassfed swiss.

* After that, we enjoyed 2 episodes of the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon on youtube (it's 40 years old this year, how wild) before we had our next surprise...NUNCHUCKS!







* Yes, I got 2 sets: rope for the kid, chain for me...the mrs can have her pick when she gets home.  We played around with those for a while, getting in our weapons training in case we encountered goblins (my kid may be a wizard, but nunchucks are a universal language), then had some lunch.  I regaled my kiddo with stories of Ninjas that were teenagers AND turtles that enjoyed pizza...so that's what my kid dined on.  I had some leftover chicken drummies and wings.

* After that, we engaged in a quest to do good: I took a lot of the "fake food" I had in my pantry/basement and donated it to the local foodbank.  I'm not gonna eat it, and it should make someone happy.  And despite being a berserker, I still have some good in me.

* We still have Tang Soo Do on the horizon and I've got another fantastic carnivore meal planned, but this has just been a soul enriching day.  This is what I live for.  I'm living again.



5 comments:

  1. I wanna lift like you and parent like you someday mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that means a lot dude. Thanks for saying it

      Delete
  2. What an awesome entry! It's been so great to see you thriving in the weight room and with your family. By the way, I bought my practice nunchuks with that exact design 20 years ago, it's funny to see them online again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, "nunchuk wizard" is just a rad character class haha.

      Delete
    2. Nunchucks transcend time and culture: they'll always be there and always be awesome. Treat yourself to a pair: they're so fun to play with! And if you HAVE to be a wizard, you should for sure always be a nunchuck wizard.

      Delete