Wednesday, April 5, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2729

AM WORKOUT (0400 wake up via alarm) SEMI-FASTED: Had a 1 scoop protein shake at around 0200


**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH”S FAMINE ROUTINE** Day 3 (Technically day 4, running out of order due to schedule)




*Axle bench press*

WARM-UP

* 5xAxle
* 3x136
* 3x226

WORKSETS (2 min max rest between sets)

* 2x2x321
* 1x3x321
* 1x2x321

*Behind the neck press/Band Pull Apart Superset* (2 min max rest between sets) [Program deviation: supposed to be military press, no band pull aparts prescribed]

* 6xAMRAPx115 (Believe it shook out to 12-9-8-8-7-7), 2 second hold at lockout each rep
* 6x25 band pull aparts

*20 minutes of dips* (15-60 seconds between sets)
* 300 total (ran 5 seconds over to accomplish)

*Concentration curl/Hanging Leg Raise Superset* (ran as a circuit, no rest, program deviation)

* 1x20x22.5lb KB handle
* 2x20x15lb DB* 1x20x10lb DB
* 1x20x10lb DB w/fat grips
* 5xAMRAP Leg Raise

* 1 mile walk

LIFE/BREAKSFAST

* 1 mile walk

Notes:

* For bench weight, I took my TM for 5/3/1 and ran with that.  Hitting a triple on the third set speaks to how I’m still “warming up” through the worksets.  A product of the early training and lack of warm-ups.  It’s good to get a feel for heavy weight in the hands again.  My triceps are in a perpetual state of soreness from the daily 300 push ups, so that’s an x-factor.

* Intentional deviation going with the BtN press vs Military.  Jamie’s prescription is “perfect form”, and I felt like picking the BtN press would be a better regulator for that.  Knowing myself, I can turn a military press into a circus act, but pressing behind my head keeps me more honest.  This absolutely blew up my shoulders, especially when paired with the pull aparts, which is just something I do because they make me feel better.

* Intent on the dips is as many sets of 20 as possible, which I held onto for about 5 or so.  After that, 15-18 was about standard.  I saw 300 within my grasp with a little over a minute left, so I just cluster-set it to get there.

* Total “strongman moment” there doing KB concentration curls sitting on a 12” log. Trying to save time by combining the leg raises and concentration curls.  The handle was nice, but too heavy for quality work.  I liked bringing out the fat gripz at the end there, and will most likely make that the way forward.  Once again: dusting off old toys.

* I honestly thought today would move faster looking at it on paper.  I got in a mile brisk walk/slight jog immediately post training, made breakfast for the kiddo and I, got to work early and walked another mile before actually coming in.  Got that done, and plan to do the push ups and squats like a mini conditioning workout later.

* I am getting stupid lean, and the nutrition remains stupidly simple to comply with.   Caffeine is still way high, and I’m still sleeping well, so that’s awesome.  Did another “wake and shake” and used that to be able to just roll straight into training this morning.


PM


300 push ups and 300 prisoner squats done in 13:56.  Did a Juarez Valley approach through the first 150, then just 10-20-10-20-10-25-25 to finish

No comments:

Post a Comment