Saturday, April 15, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2739

AM WORKOUT (0455 wake up via dog) Semi-fasted: 1 Scoop of Metabolic Drive at 0100

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH'S "FAMINE" ROUTINE** Week 2, Day 6 (this would be the day 3 workout)

7 rounds of

* 43 bodyweight squats
* 43 push ups
* .28 mile run (the distance of running around the block in my neighborhood)

Time: 30:10


Notes:

* This is a day off, but I owe 2 miles of outside travel, 300 push ups and 300 bodyweight squats a day still, so I figured out a way to get all that done.  Very similar to what I was doing during my "high speed/low drag" deload.  This was a great way to start a morning: I was moving, active, had some had breathing and got to get outside.  There was a big thunderstorm last night and the streets were still flooded with a little bit of hail, and the wind was carrying some rain, yet I still ended up going "berserker" with the bare shirt by lap 2, and that felt invigorating.  My running is feeling solid, which is great, because I forgot I have a fitness test coming up on 20 Apr so I still have a reason to be in ok running shape.  

* Still working a 12 today.  It's going to be another high compliance day on the diet, whereas normally my weekends are higher calorie.  Ideally, tomorrow, I'll have a chance to Rampage still.  I'm definitely feeling the low calories/carbs.

* This whole program has been a great chance for me to remember what works.  I keep playing "Field on Fire" during the Dealer's Choice day because the lyrics work so well.  "I'm going back, of course I am, as if I ever had a choice, back to what I really was, on the inside".  As much as I CAN do Deep Water 100%, I do better with a weekly cheat meal, not for the sake of keeping me sane, balanced or on point, but my body just plain does better with it.  Mat pulls are what make my deadlift strong: I don't need full ROM all the time.  They also beat me up less. I am immune to caffeine and shouldn't limit myself.  Meat is amazing.  These are all things I "knew" and tried to convince myself otherwise.  It's good to rediscover myself.

* Managed to get in another 300 push ups, 200 bodyweight squats, some gripper work and a run up some flights of stairs at work.  I'm "activity seeking" these days.

* Snapped a before/after photo.  On the left is me at the end of Super Squats, fully loaded on glycogen, on the right is me currently at a most depleted state, 13.5lb difference in 43 days




No comments:

Post a Comment