Saturday, April 8, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2732

Got up at 0545 and had this for breakfast



*Keto/Paleo Rocketfuel*

3 pasture raised whole eggs with a whole avocado spread among them and a generous application of unsweetened sunflower seed butter (that may not be paleo, but whatevs), and coffee with electrolyte powder.

This was fuel for the 10 mile race the Mrs and I ran. Legit wanted to see how few carbs I could eat for this. Especially interesting given I have done 2 5 mile runs to prep for this, and thats it.

Took until about mile 6 for my energy system to kick over and coast.  My CV system was solid, but legs were like running in sand.

Which, factor in that Jamie's program requires 300 bodyweight squats every day, and on Tuesday I took 405 for 4 triples on the SSB, then a set of 33x205, then went 6x4x275 on front squat to pins on Thurs and then a 43 rep belt squat stripset yesterday, among other plain ol stupidity, it checks.

On that note, today is a cardio day on the program, so I am going to count 2 of those 10 miles toward my 2 mile walk and call this an 8 mile run for cardio.  Got in my 300 push ups and squats, and that rounds out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment