Friday, April 7, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2731

AM WORKOUT (0500 wake up) Semi-fasted: shake at 0100

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH'S "FAMINE" WORKOUT** Day 6 (technically Day 5, running out of order due to schedule)



Jamie describes this day as "Dealer’s Choice. Train whatever you want for up to 90 minutes"

Game on

*Rest pause mat pulls off of 7 pavers*
* 13+4+4x405+chains (12 deep breaths between rest pauses)

*Reverse hyper/hanging leg raise superset while putting away plates*
* 4x10x4 plates/4xAMRAP
* 1x40x4 plates/1xAMRAP

*100 band pull aparts (snapped the band, got another on the way)*

*Landmine Belt squat stripset from hell*
* 43(?)x200, then as many reps as possible of 175-150-125-100-75-50-25-Bare axle

*Axle shrugs against strong short bands*
* 1x25ish

*Kroc rows*
* 20x115

*Poundstone curls*
* 100xAxle

*KB flat bench w/22.5lb handles*
* 1x100

* Followed it up with 3 miles of walking.  Still got push ups and squats.  

Notes:

* This is a fantastic program concept: give me an opportunity to do all the things I've put off.  Looking at it now, I forgot to do some lateral raises, and I'd like to get in some neck work and some Kelso shrug variations, but there's room for so much here.

* Those mat pulls just felt "right".  I legit picked the soundtrack because of that.  These were beating up my hips for a long time, and they don't feel SUPER great, but I felt just fine when it was done.  This is a great starting height for me, and intensity was turned up well.  

* That belt squat stripset was nuts!  I forgot that I typically don't lock the reps out, so doing so allowed me to continue on WAY too damn far.  

* Lotta high rep stuff in general.  I cut the Poundstones pretty early because I've already done 2 days of curls this week and I'm not used to carrying fatigue into them.

* I really dig pressing with the KB handles.  It's unique.

* Really just absolutely delighted with this program construct.  Did 1.6 miles of walking immediately post workout, grabbed a quick breakfast and then took the kiddo and dog out for a 1.5 mile walk afterwards.  Now that I've run each day legit, I'm willing to play around with it a little bit, primarily to shave off some time and make it fit my schedule better.

No comments:

Post a Comment