Monday, April 17, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2741

AM WORKOUT (0355 natural wake up): Semi-Fasted: 1 scoop of metabolic drive at 0040

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FEAST” ROUTINE** Week 1, Day 1





Buffalo Bar Chain Suspended Anderson Squats (10 second hold at top of each rep)
2x432
11x2x465

Wide stance buffalo bar good mornings to straps
6x162
6x195
6x245

5 round circuit of: Max chins, 10-15 leg curls (first set 180, remaining sets 270lbs), hanging leg raises and 4x50 bodyweight calf raises

Time: 1hr 9min

200 push ups
300 bodyweight squats

BREAKFAST/DRIVE TO WORK

2 mile walk

Notes:

* Definitely a departure and very interesting approach.  Chain suspended was the right call on the squats, as they let me get into position better, but I have to watch myself for cheating on it.  It’s too easy to “roll” into the set rather than break the weight dead off the chains, with the latter being MUCH more challenging.  My right knee still aches: I imagine it’s some sort of patellar tendonitis from Super Squats.  A few of these sets would set off my right hip, but the squat frequency is dialed in right that I recover well enough.  The heavy work didn’t tax my forearm/elbow at all, which was the biggest win, and these sets were exhausting.  Holding at the top of the rep is a good challenge.  Very first set I went soft belt under the power belt, and remaining sets after that was straight power belt.  465 was dialed in right.  Breaking the weight off was TOUGH.  I AM thinking about using bands next time to really make this just absolutely bonkers.  It would take off a fair bit of bar weight, and breaking a dead weight against bands is always insane.

* I got the wide stance GMs at the right weight there at the end.  Might have room to go a little heavier next time.

* The movements I did for the circuit were all RX movements, but the circuit itself was my own doing, to save time.  Jamie has them laid out sequentially in his program.   I did the leg curls to say I did them, but next time through I’m either doing GHRs or reverse hypers.  My leg curl set up is too ghetto to really be super effective.  Pausing and focusing on max cramp helped, but I feel like I’d get more doing a good GHR or reverse hyper vs a bad leg curl.  Calf raises were challenging, but I have room to add some weight.

* Happy to have gotten so much of the daily requirements already knocked out.  Those 300 squats after this workout were something else.  In general, this workout really beat me down compared to the Famine ones, so I can see the difference.  I’m also not full tilt Feast eating yet: still recovering from the Rampage, and wanting to ease myself in for this first week while I figure out poundage and loading.  Making small changes, like an extra half scoop of Metabolic Drive with my traditional shakes, swapping a shake with actual solid food for some cases, etc.  Dipped into my jar of Sunflower seed butter for a few nibbles.  I’d like to keep up this Carnivore challenge I’ve set up for myself, but with my whole “2 diet” approach, I like the idea of, if not carnivore, then keto, and then, above all: paleo.  No fake foods.

* But on that “fake foods” discussion, post Rampage and I am a roadmap of veins.   The glycogen definitely topped off.  I’m going to keep up the Apex Predator aspect through this feast, keeping carbs low and then blowing them out one day a week, because it seems to really be having some awesome effects. My kid has already picked out a pizza buffet for Sunday, which will be after my wife runs a half marathon, so it’s time to gear up for some big eating.


PM 

Got in a 30 minute weighted vest walk with the dog (40lb vest) and the rest of my push ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment