Thursday, April 13, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2737

AM WORKOUT (0345 Natural Wakeup) Semi-fasted: 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive at 0030

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE” WORKOUT** Week 2, Workout 4 (Workout 5 of the program, days out of order due to schedule)





Explosive axle row/Front squat to straps superset
1x2x316/3x2-3x296 for rows
6x4x275 for front squats (most sets were 3+1 due to bar slipping)
1:50 rest starting at end of row set for those first 4 sets, then 1:50 rest between sets for remaining front squats


T-bar row/Hanging leg raise superset (1:20 between sets of rows)
4x20x85
2x20x70 w/triple dropset (60-35-10)
5xAMRAP leg raise


15 minutes of NG chins
100 total (ran slightly over time to accomplish)

Calf raise stripset
25x105
25x80
15(ish)x55
15(ish)x30
25xBW

2 mile forced march/run
300 push ups

Breakfast/travel to work
100 BW squats

Notes:

* I am flat out exhausted.  There could be no better time for me to be running this protocol.  12s are beating me down, calories are low, and I’m running this program straight into the ground with these modifications to shave off time.  I didn’t see what you’d call “progress” on this workout compared to last week, but the effort was significantly higher.

* Misloaded the first set of axle rows, which was a blessing, because at first I thought I was just stupidly fatigued.  Dropping it from 316 to 296 made it feel much better.  Unintentional over-warm.  Running that superset with the front squats was stupidly intense.  I bugged my right hip on a few of those lockouts, so I need to watch out for that.  I’ll see how nice it plays tomorrow for my mat pulls.  

* Perhaps the solution would be to do SSB front squats if I’m hard set on supersets.  Something with a higher potential for success.  I was dealing with bar slippage quite a bit on this one.  Something to think about.   But again; I’ll celebrate the effort here.

* Really tried to focus on getting a good squeeze on those rows.  I ended up breaking out the straps so I’d have some grip left in me when it came time for the 15 minutes of chins.   I had nothing in me for those hanging leg raises.

* Was less strict about rest times with the chins and used the downtime to set up the gym for tomorrow.  Still working around those 12s.  100 total was worthwhile.  Stuck with NG this entire time compared to last week, primarily because it gave me a great chance of success.

* Was just flat out running out of time, so called an audible on the calf raises, but as you can see in the video I still achieved some significant pain PRs.

* The forced march was far more intense than previous days to be able to squeeze everything in.  I’m really proud of myself for just how much getting to yes I’ve managed today already.    I got the push ups knocked out waiting for my shower to warm-up, and I’m already 100 squats deep.  The extra bodyweight work is a touch of genius from Jamie.  The first few days it was exhausting, and now I’m super acclimated to it, and my upper body and quads are positively reflecting the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment