Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Training Log: Entry 2749

AM WORKOUT (0345 natural wake up, slightly better night of sleep) FED: 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive w/raw egg at 2330, egg whites upon waking

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE” ROUTINE** Week 2, Day 2



Axle dead bench against short light bands
10x2x155+bands
2xAMRAPx175 w/wide grip

Supersets w/20 band pull aparts for those 10 sets

Weighted dips
1x6x135
3x6x135+2 DoggCrapp style rest pause sets w/bodyweight

Supersets w/5xAMRAP hanging leg raises

5 round circuit of

* 12x95lb short military press
* 12xLight band “rope” pushdowns
* 12xLight band overhead tricep extensions


END OF PROGRAM REQS: 1hr 13 mins

15 rounds of 20 bodyweight squats and 20 push ups, but EMOM do 5 chins

Total time: 21 mins

BREAKFAST/DRIVE TO WORK

2.28 mile walk at 3.7 mph pace (brisk)

Notes:

* Part of my rough sleep was, in the middle of the night, I was thinking about how much I absolutely did NOT want to wake up and do dead benching, so I settled on throwing on the bands as a gimmick to compel me to give it a go.   I’m like a kid sometimes: I need something shiny and new to keep my attention.

* The above having been said, I’m kinda digging the direction I’m taking this program.  Sticking with intent: move heavy stuff.  But varying the approach to keep from getting too beat to hell.  Conjugate?  Periodization?  Funny how it all works.  In that regard, band work beats the holy hell out of my connective tissues, so I’m foreseeing a swapping in and out of these.  But maybe next time I break out the slingshot and go for stupid heavy overloads, or go back to straight weight dead benching and see what improvements there are.

* But I experiment because I learn, and I learned “why” bands on benching here: IMMEDIATE form feedback.  Holy cow, if I let ANYTHING deviate the bands let me know.  I had to be LOCKED IN if I wanted to move, and I had to be FAST if I wanted to make it to the top.  This was an outstanding pivot.

* Pleased with how wide of a grip I managed while not feeling my shoulders want to explode.  Wonder if the Klokov presses are to thank there.

* Can’t get mad about 3x6x140 weighted dips.  The DC rest pause sets were for the sake of saving time, which this program STILL runs long even with all those tricks.  Those hanging leg raises in the middle felt really sharp.  Extending myself on the eccentric has been big.

* Military press circuit moved well enough.  Mind was wondering through out it.  

* I like what I came up with for the post workout workout.  Cheeky little way to get in 100 chins alongside my push ups and squats.  And I was MOVING on my walk today.  Walked with intent and it paid off.  Got in over 2 miles that way: how awesome.  


PM Summary

Rounded out the day with a 1.5 mile walk with the 40lb vest walking the dog.  Got to do that with the family: it was soul enriching.

I keep posting meals, so here was part of tonight's dinner





On the left is a bed of egg whites with some piedmontese grassfed beef liver.  On right right are these chicken meatballs




Which are pretty baller


These egg wraps


Also baller. 


And some shredded up swiss cheese from this


As far as that "carnivore meatball sub" goes, I like it.  I feel like it's a fair compromise of family friendly "quick food" while still being low in junk and high in carnivore.  

As far the liver goes: I ended up eating like 6oz of the stuff.   I know vitamin A toxicity is a concern, but I legit knocked the liver out of the park and could NOT stop eating it, and I figure any time that I can make liver THAT good I should do lean into it.  I now need to make some more, as my intent was to snack on it through the week.

I ended up soaking it in grassfed cream to take away the metallic taste, then I melted some grassfed butter, tossed it in that with a bunch of that greek seasoning and air fried the whole batch at 400 degree for 8 minutes.  It was honestly enjoyable.  Yeah: a steak hits better, but I wasn't suffering through this liver just for the vitamins.  I'll have to remember that.

I also made 1 more meatball sub, and I think I had 4 other rogue meatballs after that, to round out the meal.  I'm eating until I'm done.  As a result, it's been 4 hours since that meal and I'm not seeking any extra food, whereas normally when I was limiting intake I'd be grazing on a bunch of "non-foods" until my next real meal. 

I torqued that right knee just pivoting weird earlier today.  Putting some ice on it.  Got heavy pulls tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment