Thursday, April 27, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2751

AM WORKOUT (0340 natural wake up) FED: 1 scoop of metabolic drive w/raw egg at 0040, egg whites upon waking

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FEAST” ROUTINE** Week 2, Workout 4 (Squats and Shrugs)



GIANT SET (shrug-squat-abs)

Texas Power Bar Shrugs
10x3x508

SSB Front Squats
6x3x300
29x180 (failed on the 30th) + 10x180

Hanging Leg Raises
5xAMRAP

SUPERSETS (calves-curls)

SSB Standing calf raise
6x6x298 (upon review, should have been 8 sets…oops)

KB curls
2x10x32.5
2x10x30
1x10x22.5

OFF CAMERA

GHRs
6x3 w/80KB held in goblet squat positions (30 second rests)

Double AMRAP set done DC rest pause style

END OF PROGRAM REQS

20 round tabata interval: bodyweight squats on the 20s, push ups on the 10s (300+ reps totaled)

BREAKFAST/DRIVE TO WORK

2+ mile brisk walk (3.5mph average)

Notes:

* I believe this is my favorite day of the program.  Squat deathsets and heavy shrugs are living.  I was a little miffed with the deathset: I ended up hitting the straps at the bottom of the 30th rep and lost the bar.  I may have had some more in me after that, so I went back for 10, but it didn’t quite hit right.  I might end up coming back for some redemption.

* My right knee wasn’t happy with the very first set of squats, but after that it played nice.  I’ve taken to rolling out he knee/quad/teardrop with my LAX ball, and it seems to be helping.  Sticking with the Super Heavy Duty knee sleeves as well.  SSB front squats in general were a good call for something unique and challenging, and they play nicer into a deathset than a traditional barbell set up.

* Really figuring out these squats.  Trick is to hip-and-thigh lift the bar into place at the start rather than pull it.  In that regard, I think I’ll swap to an axle next workout.  The thin diameter of the Power Bar cut into my left quad and still aches.  Or maybe this is the excuse I need to finally buy that Ironmind S-cubed bar I’ve had my eye on for the better part of a decade…

* Abs felt strong on the leg raises, calf raises went well (minus cutting the sets short) and my arms are blowing up from curls.

* Those GHRs were AMAZING.  I’m definitely stealing that for the future.  Light up my hamstrings something fierce.  And that tabata workout may be my new go-to for getting this work in.

* I’m down to 182.8lbs this morning.  2.5lbs lost from last week.  I’m not trying to lose: this is “feast” and I am eating a TON.  Body is settling in super lean yet I am getting stronger and more jacked.  It’s wild.  I saw veins in my PECS yesterday.  That's just nuts.


PM UPDATE

1.5+ mile 40lb weighted vest walk with the dog/family

Carnivore meal (ignore the green stuff, necessary evil)



Piedmontese grassfed stir fry beef with pasture raised whole eggs and egg whites in place of rice.  


No comments:

Post a Comment